Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1828 – Thomas Eastin publishes the first issue of the Florida Argus.
- 1891 – The Confederate monument at Lee Square is dedicated in a grand ceremony attended by thousands of visitors from around the state.
- 1985 – Convicted abortion clinic bombers Matt Goldsby and Jimmy Simmons begin their ten-year prison sentences.
- 2005 – The defunct Goofy Golf property on Navy Boulevard is purchased by Jeremy Marsh, whose Daily Grind Internet café was severely damaged in Hurricane Ivan.
- 2007 – Community Redevelopment Agency director David Bailey tenders his resignation, citing a desire to return to the Spencer Maxwell Bullock architectural firm.