E. Coy Irvin, Jr.
|E. Coy Irvin, Jr.|
|Born||July 19, 1954|
|Spouse||Angela Curry Irvin|
|Children||Allison & Elizabeth|
Dr. Elvin Coy Irvin, Jr. (b. 1954) is a physician and civic leader who is active with the Celebrate Pensacola and Fiesta of Five Flags organizations, among others. After practicing family medicine with the Gulf Coast Physician Partners, he became medical director of the Andrews Institute's executive physical program in 2006. He has also served as medical director of the Haven of Our Lady of Peace and Life Care Center of Pensacola nursing homes.
Irvin graduated from the University of Mississippi's Medical School and completed his internship and residency at Sacred Heart Hospital. He follows legislative issues for the Escambia County Medical Society and is an outspoken critic of expensive medical liability insurance and costly malpractice lawsuits.
- Celebrate Pensacola, executive co-chairman
- Fiesta of Five Flags president, 2004
- Escambia County Medical Society Foundation
- Pensacola Junior College Foundation
- "Profile: Elvin Coy Irvin Jr., M.D." Pensacola Business Journal, May 23, 2005.
- "People on the move." Pensacola News Journal, February 24, 2006.
- "Viewpoint: Medical liability crisis in Florida is hurting everyone." Pensacola News Journal, August 2, 2003.
- "Pensacola area doctors to rally in Tallahassee." Pensacola News Journal, March 25, 2003.