- 1821 – The first issue of The Floridian is published by George Tunstall and Cary Nicholas.
- 1982 – Former State Representative R. W. "Smokey" Peaden is convicted on five counts of cocaine possession and transportation.
- 1987 - Macabre metal rock musician King Diamond performed at Franco's Lounge in Ft Walton.
- 2005 – Mario Forgione purchases the Pensacola Ice Pilots from Tim Kerr.
- 2006 – Strand v. Escambia County: The Circuit Court rules that the Southwest Escambia Improvement District is constitutional.