Sorry to be a stickler, because I really do appreciate your recent contributions, but just a few suggestions:
- I don't think we should include article links for all the Haller and Friedman kids. We try to anticipate whether or not a person is notable enough to get their own article, and if not, we don't make the link.
- Better not to list ages, because those change, and the article might not get updated. (Same with stuff like, "they have been married 25 years" or "was founded 60 years ago," etc.)
I actually went to school with Vicki and see Nancy from time to time at Ballet Pensacola, whose brochures & programs I design. I'm assuming you're their cousin/nephew? — admin • talk 15:47, 5 August 2008 (CDT)
- That's why I really wish the birth date and age template on Wikipedia was present on Pensapedia. It'd make things like that so much easier. Any way we can get that moved over here? You went to school with Vicki, eh? I am their cousin/nephew. Vicki actually got engaged and is bringing her fiancé home this weekend to meet the family. What's your name? I'll tell her I spoke with you. And also, there's no problem with being a stickler, as you said. I'm somewhat new to editing, so I accept all criticisms.
- Also, how'd you get started with Pensapedia? Sethisodd 22:58, 5 August 2008 (CDT)
- That's great! Tell Vicki that Joey V says hi and congratulations!
- I'll probably try to import the birth date/age template from Wikipedia, but I still think it should only be used for the article's subject, not children, spouses, &c; if it's worth knowing their b-days or ages, that info can go in their own articles. Also, you might want to consolidate your edits instead of making lots of little edits, as it makes it easier to track down changes through the "History" feature. I often work offline in a text program, then just copy everything when I'm ready to publish, but you can also use the "Show preview" button to make progressive changes without committing each one.
- I started Pensapedia about two years ago. Here's an article with more info if you're interested. — admin • talk 23:34, 5 August 2008 (CDT)
- I'll definitely tell her!
- Yes. I know what you mean. I'll edit something and think I'm done, but then I spot something else and have to go back and edit. Hahah.
- That's really cool. Congratulations. What an accomplishment! I've been becoming more and more interested in local history, specifically political history. I wish there were more local politician pages on Pensapedia. It'd be nice to have a list of past county commissioners. You know? With dates and everything? I'm just fascinated by that sort of stuff. Sethisodd 23:48, 5 August 2008 (CDT)
Hi Seth, in case you aren't following Special:RecentChanges, we've decided to merge four of the articles you created into a single one called List of Pensacola High School graduating classes. Let me know what you think. Could you also let me know your source for Javarius Powell as the 2008 valedictorian? It conflicts with an old PNJ profile I found that listed Kerstin Lashay Fleming instead. Thanks! — admin • talk 16:10, 29 June 2009 (CDT)
- The source for Javarius Powell being valedictorian is rather faulty. I was personally at the graduation and watched him give the valedictory. I'll check my program from then to make sure he was listed as valedictorian, as I honestly don't remember any Kerstin Fleming. I'll let you know what I find. Sethisodd 16:25, 29 June 2009 (CDT)
Hi Seth. The article Richard Haller was recently blanked by an anonymous user and was restored by Dscosson. I suspect your uncle found the article on himself and was surprised by the level of detail. Do you want to remove some of the more personal information? — admin • talk 09:32, 30 August 2009 (CDT)
- I removed some of the more personal items that were fairly insignificant to the article, I suppose. I don't know how much more I can take off without completely ridding Pensapedia of the article, which shouldn't be necessary. Sethisodd 21:40, 31 August 2009 (CDT)