Template:On this day/November 9
From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1814 – Capture of Pensacola: After driving the British from Spanish Pensacola, Andrew Jackson returned the city to the control of Governor Mateo Gonzáles Manrique.
- 1873 – Stephen Russell Mallory died.
- 1983 – The West Florida Advertising Council was incorporated.
- 2002 – J. B. Hopkins died.
- 2003 – After reopening briefly under new ownership, Trader Jon's closed for good.
- 2004 – Disgraced Escambia County Commissioner Willie Junior went missing, the day before he was to be sentenced on corruption charges. His body would be found a month later, having apparently committed suicide.