Template:On this day/May 12
From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1848 – Francis Celestino Brent was born.
- 1905 – A "Jim Crow" law to segregate streetcars, authored by Pensacola legislators John Campbell Avery, Jr. and W. A. Blount, passed both Florida houses unanimously.
- 2004 – John Burt was sentenced by Circuit Court Judge Ron Swanson to 18 years in prison.
- 2006 – Community Maritime Park: Mayor Emeritus Vince Whibbs, Sr. was selected as successor to the late Admiral John H. Fetterman on the CMPA board of trustees.
- 2008 – University of West Florida president John Cavanaugh was selected to serve as chancellor of the Pennsylvania state university system.