Template:On this day/June 1
From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1784 – The Treaty of Pensacola, between Spain and the Creek nations, was signed.
- 1881 – Construction on the Pensacola & Atlantic Railroad began.
- 1931 – The cornerstone of the new Temple Beth-El building on Gage Hill was laid.
- 1981 – A heated argument took place between W. D. Childers and Dempsey Barron on the floor of the State Senate.
- 1985 – The Pensacola News Journal published its first unified morning-evening paper.