Template:On this day/February 22
From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1819 – Transfer of Florida: Spain and the United States sign the Adams-Onís Treaty, giving the United States possession of Florida.
- 1822 – Secretary of State John Quincy Adams ordered the release of imprisoned Spanish citizens Marcos de Villiers and Arnaldo Guillemard.
- 1839 – George Washington Wright was born.
- 1996 – The Pensacola City Council voted unanimously to revert ownership of Old Christ Church back to Christ Church Parish.
- 2007 – ECUA sold the disused beach ball water tower on Pensacola Beach to the Santa Rosa Island Authority for $1.