Any guesses as to where this building is/was? FPC says the photo is from the 20s. It looks like something from the east side of South Palafox... either between Garden and Romana (in which case the tall building at left is the Masonic Temple) or Romana and Intendencia (in which case it's the Saenger). Thoughts? — admin • talk 19:39, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
- Courtesy the Florida Historical Quarterly:
- In 1877, the Sisters of Mercy came to Pensacola to establish a school. Also they were untiring in their unselfish and consecrated work among the sick and needy; they visited the prisoners, the bereaved and the aged, as well as establishing a parochial school which was located on the east side of Palafox Street between Garden and Romana, where the Keyser building now stands.
- Hooray! dscosson ··· talk 19:57, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
- Ah, well done sir! So is that building still around? I'll drive by tonight and take a look. — admin • talk 20:32, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
- By the way, I really like being able to attach a name to a building. This is awesome. — admin • talk 20:34, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
The Escambia County Property Appraiser parcel detail lists a year built of 1900... given the inaccuracies I have seen w/ other structures though I am not sure if we should add it to the article? — dscosson • talk 17:07, 1 December 2008 (UTC)