St. John's Cemetery

From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

St. John's Cemetery is a ten-block, 26-acre cemetery in west Pensacola, bounded by L Street to the west, G Street to the east, La Rua Street to the north, and Wright Street to the south. The cemetery was created by a Masonic Order in 1876 to fill the needs of Pensacola's growing population, which was previously serviced only by St. Michael's Cemetery to the east. The first burial took place on August 10, 1876.

Notable Residents[edit]

External Links[edit]