Skinner Manufacturing Company

From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The Skinner Manufacturing Company was a major lumber operation founded by E. F. Skinner.

The company operated the Pensacola & Andalusia Railroad connecting Escambia County to Chumuckla, as well as a fleet of lighters and a tugboat, Celestine.

In 1901, the company owned over 100,000 acres of timber lands, sawing about 50,000 feet of lumber daily.[1]


  1. J. S. Glass, editor. The Southern Manufacturer, Volume V, Number 3. New Orleans: June 1901.