From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1775 – British West Florida Governor Peter Chester writes an official endorsement of visiting botanist William Bartram.
- 2001 – U.S. Congressman Joe Scarborough leaves office, having announced in May a desire to spend more time with his children.
- 2004 – Tropical Storm Ivan reaches hurricane strength. Within the same day it becomes a Category 3 storm.
- 2006 – Primary elections are held, in which a special ballot initiative to quash the Community Maritime Park project is defeated by City of Pensacola voters.
- 2007 – One of two "beach ball"-painted water towers on Pensacola Beach is disassembled.
- ↑ Edward J. Cashin. William Bartram and the American Revolution on the Southern Frontier. Univ of South Carolina Press, 2007.