From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- July 24 - The Bennett C. Russell Elementary School, named for late Santa Rosa Superintendent of Schools Benny Russell, is dedicated in Milton.
- July 24 - Front Porch Pensacola is reactivated by the Florida Office of Urban Opportunity and will elect a new council and officers.
- July 24 - Anna Whibbs and the Whibbs family announce a $20,000 donation to the Admiral John H. Fetterman State of Florida Maritime Museum and Research Center in honor of the late Vince Whibbs.
- July 23 - Leonard Black, jailed without bond since December 8, 2006 for violating probation on a traffic offense, dies in Escambia County Jail of lung disease and staph infection.
- July 19 - The Escambia County Commission unanimously passes an ordinance ending a months-long debate over what defines a hotel on Pensacola Beach and Perdido Key.
- July 19 - Convicted murderer Brandon Ward is sentenced to life in prison.
- July 18 - A grease fire damages the H&O Restaurant.
- July 17 - Sammy, a 10-year-old giraffe, is found dead from a neck injury at The Zoo Northwest Florida.
- July 10 - The Pensacola City Planning Board unanimously approves a recommendation to rezone a 2-acre Sanders Beach property for multi-story development by the group Bayshore Boyzz.
- July 9 - Vandalism of several dozen headstones is discovered in Pfeiffer Cemetery.
- July 7 - Baby hippopotamus Niles, a popular attraction at The Zoo Northwest Florida, is killed by her father, Kiboko.
- July 6 - Boxes of personnel documents and credit card receipts from defunct restaurant Copeland's are found in a dumpster behind the Dollar General Store on Navy Boulevard, sparking an investigation.
- July 6 - About 380 houses near Eglin Air Force Base are demolished to make way for new housing.
- July 5 - The Fish House hosts a dinner for rumored Republican presidential candidate Fred Thompson.
- July 4 - Milton holds its annual Riverfest Independence Day celebration.
- July 3 - Vince Whibbs, Jr. pleads no contest to charges of racketeering, grand theft and mortgage fraud.
- July 3 - Orange Beach Police apprehend an intoxicated 11-year-old girl following a high-speed chase ending in Gulf Shores.
- July 1 - The final candidates for Officer Candidate School arrive at Naval Air Station Pensacola.