Pensapedia policy says that attribution is required for direct quotes and for material that is challenged or likely to be challenged. Any material that is challenged and for which no source is provided may be removed by any editor. For information about the importance of using good sources in biographies of living persons, see Pensapedia:Biographies of living persons, which is also policy.
The purpose of citation is:
- To improve the overall credibility and authoritative character of Pensapedia.
- To credit a source for providing useful information and to avoid claims of plagiarism.
- To show that your edit is not original research.
- To ensure that the content of articles is credible and can be checked by any reader or editor.
- To help users find additional reliable information on the topic.
- To reduce the likelihood of editorial disputes, or to resolve any that arise.
- To ensure that material about living persons is reliably sourced and complies with Pensapedia:Biographies of living persons.
If you do not know how to format the citation, provide as much information as you can, and others may fix it for you. Cite It!