Pensacola Museum of Art
|Pensacola Museum of Art|
|Location||407 South Jefferson Street|
Located in what was once the Old City Jail, the Pensacola Museum of Art began as an exhibition space for the Pensacola Art Association. In 1954, the city of Pensacola started leasing the building to the group for just $1 per year. In 1982, the building became known as the Pensacola Museum of Art, and in 1988 the museum purchased the building from the city.
Affiliations and Funding
- The Pensacola Museum of Art receives major funding from the State of Florida, Department of State, the Division of Cultural Affairs, through the Florida Arts Council, the National Endowment for the Arts, and the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- The PMA is member supported and receives additional funding by the Escambia County Tourist Development Council and donors to the United Arts Funds of the Arts Council of Northwest Florida.
- The PMA is accredited by the American Association of Museums.