Pensacola & Barrancas Railroad

From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The Pensacola & Barrancas Railroad Company was a 19th-century railroad that operated an 8-mile track connecting Pensacola to Fort Barrancas by way of Woolsey and Warrington.

The company was incorporated by a special act of the State of Florida on February 12, 1870. It was granted an easement by Congress to run through the federal Navy Yard reservation on January 30, 1871.[1]

It was acquired by the Pensacola & Atlantic Railroad in 1882.

References[edit]

  • Gregg Turner. A Short History of Florida Railroads. Arcadia Publishing, 2003.