From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1814 – Capture of Pensacola: After driving the British from Spanish Pensacola, Andrew Jackson returns the city to the control of Mateo Gonzáles Manrique.
- 1977 - An L & N train derails near Scenic Highway and Interstate 10, spewing anhydrous ammonia and resulting in two deaths, many serious injuries, and the temporary evacuation of residents in nearby Woodliff, Gull Point, and eastern Ferry Pass neighborhoods.
- 1983 – The West Florida Advertising Council is incorporated.
- 2003 – After reopening briefly under new ownership, Trader Jon's closes for good.
- 2004 – Disgraced Escambia County Commissioner Willie Junior goes missing, the day before he was to be sentenced on corruption charges. His body would be found a month later, having apparently committed suicide.