From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1888 – Western end of Santa Rosa Island (Punta de Sigüenza) transferred to U.S. War Department by Executive Order.
- 1973 – Daniel "Chappie" James, Jr. is promoted to lieutenant general, then the highest ranking African-American in the U.S. military.
- 1992 – Pensacola Chamber of Commerce is incorporated by the Florida Division of Corporations.
- 1999 – Vanette Webb is suspended from the Escambia County School Board by Governor Jeb Bush.
- 2008 – Groundbreaking for the new Lucia M. Tryon Branch Library on Langley Avenue.
- United States military reservations, national cemeteries, and military parks: Title, jurisdiction, etc., Govt. Print. Off., 1904.