From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1781 – Bernardo de Galvez enters Pensacola Bay and lays siege to the British.
- 1994 - Rock band Pearl Jam performs at the Pensacola Civic Center.
- 2004 – A ballot measure on charter government in Escambia County is defeated in the presidential primary election.
- 2005 – The Santa Rosa Island Authority votes 5-1 to keep the landmark beach ball water tower in its place by Casino Beach at an estimated annual cost of $13,000-$14,000 for maintenance.
- 2007 – James "Benny" Washington is arrested for possession of marijuana, cocaine and drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop by the Escambia County Sheriff's Office.