|Born||August 13, 1964|
|Occupation||U.S. District Court Judge|
|Children||Maggie & Hannah|
The Honorable Margaret C. "Casey" Rodgers (b. 1964) is a U.S. District Court Judge who was confirmed to the bench by President George W. Bush on November 24, 2003. At the time of her appointment, she was the youngest woman to serve as a federal judge and the first woman appointed to that position in Northern District of Florida.
Born on August 13, 1964, Rodgers graduated from Gulf Breeze High School and joined the Army. She received her bachelor's degree from the University of West Florida in 1989 and her J.D. from the California Western School of Law in 1992.
When Judge Lacey Collier was appointed to the federal bench in 1991, Rodgers became his first law clerk. She practiced with the law firm of Clark, Partington, Hart, Larry, Bond & Stackhouse from 1994-98, then served as general counsel for West Florida Medical Center before going into private employment law practice in 1999. On May 9, 2002, she replaced Susan Novotny as U.S. magistrate judge.
On July 14, 2003, President Bush nominated Rodgers for the Florida Northern District seat being vacated by Judge Collier, who was reaching "senior status." She was confirmed unanimously by the U.S. Senate on October 20, 2003, and confirmed to the seat on November 24.
|With a name like Casey, some people just assume it's a man's name. I can tell some people are surprised to see that I'm a woman and that I'm as young as I am, but once court comes to order and we begin, I think it becomes irrelevant.|
- Holly M. Barnes
- Rogelio Galvan Chavez
- Charles Dix
- Rafael Goodwin & Marcus Porter
- Kent & Jo Hovind
- Fred "Sport" Suttles & Mary Ham
- Jason Carter Wilson
- Better Business Bureau of Northwest Florida
- ARC Gateway
- Pensacola Runners Association
- Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association
- Leadership Pensacola Class of 1998
- Virginia Buchanan. "Introducing the Hon. Margaret C. "Casey" Rodgers." AFTL Women's Caucus Journal, January 2004.
- "New judge in town." Pensacola News Journal, February 28, 2004.
- "Rodgers appointed federal judge." Pensacola News Journal, October 21, 2003.
- "40 Under 40." Pensacola Business Journal, April 25, 2004.