Long Hollow

From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
<googlemap version="0.9" lat="30.424068" lon="-87.216768" zoom="15" width="300" height="450">

3#B200609D (#33007795) 30.416685, -87.216253 30.430784, -87.219515 30.431154, -87.216897 30.417166, -87.213635 30.416685, -87.216253

</googlemap>

Long Hollow is a neighborhood in the City of Pensacola between the North Hill and Eastside neighborhoods, bounded roughly by Palafox Street to the west, Wright Street to the south, Avery Street to the north, and the CSX railroad/Tarragona Street to the east. Its name is derived from old city maps, which described this low-lying strip between the hills as "the Long Hollow." In the early 1900s, it was home to the city stables and utility buildings.

Neighborhood Association[edit]

The Long Hollow Community Center
The Long Hollow Neighborhood Association was formed in 1999 to raise the quality of life for the area and its residents. Some of the Association's achievements include:
  • Establishing a community center with computer lab at 1040 North Guillemard Street
  • Converting a vacant City-owned lot between DeSoto and Gonzalez Streets into Long Hollow Park in July 2001
  • Partnering with Front Porch Pensacola to renovate and beautify several neighborhood homes
  • Encouraging the construction of several new homes through the City's Infill Housing Project and AMR of Pensacola
  • Working with City to mitigate street flooding through installation of new drainage system

Notable Businesses and Organizations[edit]

External Links[edit]