From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1821 – Andrew Jackson and José Callava open formal discussions regarding the transfer of Florida to the United States.
- 1913 – The City of Pensacola transitions from a mayor-alderman form of government to a board of commissioners.
- 1978 – Kaleidoscope Dance Theatre is incorporated.
- 1991 - Pop music diva Whitney Houston performs at the civic center.
- 2005 – Pensacola City Councilman Marty Donovan motions to suspend Community Maritime Park plans to issue a new nationwide RFP, but is voted down by other council members.