From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1781 – Bernardo de Gálvez names Arturo O'Neill governor of Spanish West Florida.
- 1827 – Episcopal minister Ralph Williston gathered a mixed-denomination group to discuss the creation of a Protestant church.
- 1844 – Jonathan Walker arrived in Pensacola.
- 1895 – Pat McHugh defeats W. E. Anderson in the race for Pensacola mayor.
- 1996 – PHS football sex scandal: Escambia Superintendent Bill Maloy removes several Pensacola High School administrators (including Principal Horace Jones) from office.