From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1694 – Presidio Santa María de Galve: A Spanish royal cédula is issued ordering the immediate occupation of Pensacola Bay.
- 1918 – World War I: Charles Perry Mason pilots the first American-built aircraft to be assembled in Europe.
- 1931 – Bridges spanning Pensacola Bay and Santa Rosa Sound open to traffic. The Casino beach resort also opens on this day.
- 2006 – Escambia County Supervisor of Elections David Stafford certifies enough petition signatures to ensure a referendum on the Community Maritime Park project.
- 2007 – [[James Sullivan] pleads no contest to tampering with evidence — destroying a videotape from his patrol car that may have shown him using excessive force against detained suspect Jeremy Mann.