From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1559 – Luna expedition: Tristán de Luna sets out from Veracruz, Mexico with thirteen ships carrying 500 soldiers, 1,000 colonists and servants, and 240 horses.
- 1767 – Appointed West Florida Governor John Eliot's service in the British navy ends, but is delayed from traveling to Pensacola.
- 1937 – The City of Fort Walton Beach is incorporated.
- 2007 – After stepping down briefly as host of WCOA's "Pensacola Speaks," Luke McCoy returns to the show.
- 2008 – Judy Bense is recommended to serve as interim president of the University of West Florida, following the departure of John Cavanaugh.