From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1884 – Congress passes legislation to fund an improvement of Pensacola Harbor and its entrance.
- 1916 – A hurricane hits Pensacola, causing more than $1 million in estimated damages, including extensive damage to the Opera House.
- 1967 – A $100,000 state grant for the creation of the Historic Pensacola Preservation Board is approved by Governor Kirk.
- 2005 – The McGaughy House, former home of the defunct Hopkins' House restaurant, is sold for use as a private residence.
- 2006 – The Escambia Sheriff's Office reaches a $62,500 settlement with Michael J. Montgomery, who was shot twice with a Taser by Deputy James Sullivan.
- 2007 – The Fish House hosts a dinner for rumored Republican presidential candidate Fred Thompson.