From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1764 – British period: Major William Forbes submits a "Plan and Sections of the Fort at Pensacola."
- 1861 – Civil War: With the United States Post Office at Pensacola abolished, the Alabama General Assembly votes to provide messengers for the Confederate troops stationed there.
- 1934 – The Frisco Railroad ends its Pullman sleeping car service due to ridership declines brought on by the Great Depression.
- 2008 – Florida holds a presidential primary election & property tax referendum.
- 2014 - Due to a low pressure system named Winter Storm Leon, snow falls on Pensacola.