From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1861 – Civil War: For the third time, Florida Confederate officials demand the surrender of Union-held Fort Pickens.
- 1985 – Christmas abortion bombings: Matt Goldsby, Jimmy Simmons, Kathy Simmons and Kaye Wiggins plead not guilty to charges, contradicting their earlier confessions and media interviews.
- 1993 – Martin Luther King Plaza is dedicated.
- 2005 – The Pensacola City Council approves the concept of the Community Maritime Park by 8-1 vote, with Marty Donovan dissenting.
- 2007 – Rick Outzen announces on his blog that the Independent News was working to resurrect SpringFest (later becoming the Hawkshaw Music Fest).