Jackson residence

From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The Jackson residence was the home at the southeast corner of Palafox and Intendencia Streets where Andrew Jackson and his wife Rachel stayed in 1821 to oversee the transfer of Florida to the United States and throughout his tenure as the territory's first governor.

The building was destroyed in an 1839 fire, and the Abbott's building currently occupies the corner lot. The Pensacola Historical Society erected a marker at the site in 1935.