From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1904 – Evelyn Croom Maxwell retires from the Florida Supreme Court to devote more time to private practice.
- 1938 – Under the leadership of Lucia Tryon, the first public library in Pensacola opens in Old Christ Church with 3,352 books.
- 1943 – The Pensacola Baptist Hospital Association is chartered by Dr. Sid Kennedy and a group of First Baptist Church deacons.
- 1978 – Pensacola Police Officer David Lee apprehends serial killer Ted Bundy after seeing his orange Volkswagen bug emerging from the alleyway behind Oscar's restaurant.
- 2008 – A month after his arrest for drunk driving in South Florida, Escambia County Superintendent Jim Paul announces he will no longer seek reelection.