East Brent Baptist Church
From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
|East Brent Baptist Church|
|Senior Pastor||Wade Rials|
|Location||4801 North Davis Highway|
- Worship Choir: Open to all members high school age and up. This choir leads the worship in the 10:30 a.m. service and is the primary choir for all special events. Each year this choir presents a Christmas Musical Celebration, an Easter Pageant and a Freedom Celebration. Rehearsals are on Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. Worship
- Orchestra: This instrumental group is open to all members high school age or older. This group accompanies the worship in the 10:30 a.m. service. They meet for rehearsal at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday evenings.
- Praise Choir: This choir is open to all members who are 55 or older. This choir leads in worship on Sunday nights about once a month. They rehearse on Fridays at 9:30 a.m. and often sing in nursing homes or retirement centers after rehearsals.
- Praise Bells: This handbell choir meets for rehearsals on Fridays at 8:00 a.m. It is open to members age 55 or above. They play in worship services occasionally and minister in area retirement centers and nursing homes.
- Power of Praise: This choir is open to all Youth in middle school or high school. They lead in worship on many Sunday nights. They meet for rehearsal on Sundays at 4:30 p.m.
- Children’s Choir: We have two children’s choirs, Music Makers for children in grades 1-3 and Young Musicians for children in grades 4-6. These groups sing occasionally on Sunday nights and usually present two musicals during the year. They meet on Sundays at 4:30 p.m.
- Preschool Choir: Includes children age 3-kindergarten. They meet on Sundays at 4:30 p.m. and sing on Sunday nights when they are ready.
- Jerusalem Projects are the church's Mission projects within the local community. From building homes with Habitat for Humanity to feeding the homeless at the Washburn Center to holding Back Yard Bible Club’s at Timberlake Mobile Home Community, we do monthly church wide projects tailored to meet the needs of our “Jerusalem” here in Escambia County.
- Judea Projects are Mission projects within the State of Florida. The church does annual projects tailored to meet the needs of “Judea” here in the State of Florida with the Florida Baptist Convention.
- Samaria Projects are the church's Mission projects throughout the United States. They have been very involved in the rebuilding efforts of New Orleans through a partnership with Mission Lab. East Brent does annual mission projects tailored to meet the needs of “Samaria” here in the USA.
- Global Projects are Mission projects throughout the world. In 2008, East Brent ministered to the people of Puerto Rico. In 2009, they are projected to minister in Romania.
- Vacation Bible School
- Golf Tournament
- Student Life
- Festival of Light
- Upward Basketball
- Pastor:Dr Wade Rials
- Administrator/Rec: Mr. Tom McAllister
- Director of Preschool:Gail Benson
- Minister of Small Groups, Education and Missions: Neal Pflibsen
- Minister of Music:Phil Ferguson
- Minister of Youth:Dan Bellamy
- Minister of Childrens: Alan Morgan
- Senior Adult Minister: Doug Moesta