1898 ad featuring the Bear Block
|Location|| NE corner Main and Palafox Streets|
402-410 South Palafox Street
The Bear Block is a building located at 402-410 South Palafox Street, on the northeast corner of Main and Palafox Streets. The Bear Block served as the longtime headquarters of the Lewis Bear Company, and later, the Pensacola Restaurant Supply Company.
Prior to Lewis Bear's purchase of the parcel in 1892, another building existed on the site which housed a fish market on the ground floor and a city jail on the second floor. Bear demolished that building and constructed the Bear Block.