From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1781 – Siege of Pensacola: Spanish engineers begin digging a trench near the British Queen's Redoubt.
- 1818 – Alexander Arbuthnot and Robert C. Ambrister are found guilty by court martial.
- 1976 – A Congressional committee begins an inquiry of Representative Bob Sikes over alleged ethics violations.
- 1989 - USS Lexington changes homeport location from NAS to downtown near foot of Palafox Street.
- 2000 – Tom Forrest begins his tenure as Escambia County Administrator.
- 2007 – Hugh King is arrested for cocaine possession. The inaugural Goombay festival is held in the Belmont-DeVilliers neighborhood.