From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1838 – Santa Rosa Island is reserved for naval purposes by executive order.
- 1862 – Thomas Marshall Jones is made brigadier general under Braxton Bragg.
- 1908 – Streetcar operators' strike: A crowd fires upon a streetcar on the West Hill line and fatally wounds the conductor, a Mr. G. Hoffman.
- 1985 – Chuck Bates ends his service as acting Escambia County Administrator.
- 2002 – Bob Halfhill ends his tenure as Escambia County Administrator.
- United States military reservations, national cemeteries, and military parks. Government Printing Office, 1904.
- Bruce S. Allardice. Confederate Colonels. University of Missouri Press, 2008.